Saturday, October 17, 2015

Unit 3 Reflection

This unit was about cells, their structure, and their function. It was also about the concepts of photosynthesis and cellular respiration. My strengths are the function of cells and all their parts. I know the organelles by heart (ribosomes, nucleus, ER, Golgi body, mitochondria, cell wall, cell membrane, cytoplasm, lysosome, chloroplast, etc.) I know the functions of all these organelles and how they complement each other. At first I didn't understand diffusion at all, but the egg diffusion lab really helped me understand it better. I got a wider understanding of hypertonic and hypotonic solutions. I really learned how diffusion affects a cell's size. I understand photosynthesis a little better after Mr. Orre explained it in detail with the diagrams in class. However, my weakness in this unit is cellular respiration. I get the products and reactants, but I don't understand the details of it yet. Maybe to study, I will watch Mr. Orre's vodcast again and draw diagrams without my notes and label them. The lab with the microscope was really fascinating to me because I got to see some organelles up close with different cells. I am still curious about what ribosomes look like, although they are very hard to see with our microscopes. I want to learn more about the process of photosynthesis because it really fascinates me. I look forward to the next unit.


No comments:

Post a Comment