Thursday, November 19, 2015

Unit 4 Reflection

This unit was all about sex and why it's so great and interesting! I learned a lot about myself and what helps me learn. In the VARK questionnaire, my visual score was a 7, my aural score was a 9, my reading and writing score was a 2, and my kinesthetic score was a 10. I learned I learn better with hands on activities, and in the case of biology, I learn the best with labs. The Passing on My Genes Mini-Lab and the Coin Sex Lab really helped me understand how new combinations of alleles are made and how they are passed on. My second best learning style is hearing. these are the two things I will use to study for the test. For the kinesthetic part, I will try to find online labs relating to what we learned this unit, specifically on mitosis and miosis. For the hearing part, I will listen to Mr.Orre's vodcasts again and try to take in the information. The themes about this unit was all about the cell cycle and Mendel's laws in genetics. We also learned about genetics and the difference between mitosis and meiosis. My strengths were using Punnett squares to predict what offspring would look like and the autosomal and x linked inheritance. Some things I need to work on are mitosis and meiosis, and how they are different. I learned a lot from the infographic because the infographic made me understand the different topics that were covered in the unit. Pictures and the information brought everything together for me. I am indeed a much better student than I was before this unit started!

No comments:

Post a Comment